Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Humbleness


2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I recently started taking karate with my sisters. After this latest class, the Sensi was talking to my sisters and I. He told us this:

"I have taken pictures of students when they first start learning the kata. I then will show them later those pictures. Those with out this, those without humbleness don't see a difference in the stances or how they have improved."

Am I humble? Can I see a difference in my walk with Christ? Have I grown in humility towards God? This reminds me of my father. Sometimes at night I will walk past my parents room and I will see my father on his knees praying. It is not often I see people on their knees before the Lord. Am I humbling myself before my God?

James 4:౧౦
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

1 comment:

Amanda Beth - Author said...

Hi, I am doing a blog post on prayer this coming Monday. I wanted to know if I could use this picture above of the man on his knees praying in my blog?

Blessings to your ministry:)
Amanda