Sunday, March 22, 2020

Writing's of an Exceptional Being Perspective of a Nurse Practitioner

Starting my new job as an Emergency Department nurse practitioner during COVID pandemic is not exactly what I had in mind, but.... per usual God had other plans. This next week I start my new job as an ED provider. The first week is filled with computer training, but then next week will be filled with seeing patients. I went into nursing originally to help sick people. When I was in grade school, I needed to go to the doctor a lot and was meet with staff who were not always understanding of my shyness. While in college my mother got very sick with what we now know is IBS, but after 6 months and about 50 lbs of weight loss on her part we were worried. I've always wanted to help sick people and so did my hero's. Clara Barton had bullets shooting over her head as she cared for soldiers and Florence Nightingale is remembered for taking on environments where wounded soldiers were getting sick. These women enacted powerful change.

I have had a tough 2 years between school and work. This lead to several panic attacks and a realization I needed some help. This past two weeks though I haven't been anxious... While others having a valid reason have been going into a panic. I think this is one of the times where I am doing exactly what God has called me to do and I don't have anything else to think about except the present.

The early church made a huge impact by caring for the sick and the poor. This is what I want to do as well. So with a healthy amount of excitement about what God is calling me towards and hopefully some good PPD, I'm off on a new adventure.

Here is an article about What the Early Church Can Teach Us About COVID

No comments: