Monday, September 12, 2005

The Noble Savage/Person?

A lot of the time I think that man is basicly good. Then I commit some lothsome error and then I remeber that we are just dust. One of the questions that is adressed in theology and phsycology is "Is man basicly good or is man basicly evil?" THis is s tuff question. You look at a little baby, me I look at my baby cousins. They seem so sweet and pure. How could they possible be evil? But then I look closer. I watch them as they grow. Do they need to be taught to fight or hit their little sister? Do they need us to demonstrate how to be selfish? No. Do we? No. I manage to be bad enough on my own. I don't need outside forces to show me how to misbehave. So is all man evil? Yes.

Romans 3:23
23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Does this mean that it is all hopeless and we should give up on the human race entirerly? No, there is hope still. Christ died to give us all eternal life. He died to make us clean and pure. In Him and Him alone lies our hope and salvation.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: