Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Galatians 5:19-21

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Exodus 34:10-14

10 Then the LORD said: "I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the LORD, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles. [a] 14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Here we have to examples of Jealousy. Though these words may appear at fist to be the same that is not the case. One of these jealousies is our own human jealousy. The second example is God's jealousy.

I struggle alot with jealousy and I'm not talking about the kind that God has for us. I struggle with being jealous of others. But I have been warned if I live in a constant state of jealousy I will not inherit the kingdom of God.

My jealousy causes a multitude of problems. It causes me to sin against others, myself, and God. It makes me bitter, hate the people I'm jealous of, angry, despair of being good enough, makes me guilty over being jealous, and causes strife between others and myself. When I am jealous of others, I'm not being content with what God has blessed me with.

My sin that seems just to be just inside my head where no one can see wreak havoc on almost every part of my life. I don't want that.

Father, I come before with a great load on my shoulders. I need You to change my heart. I need You to make me not jealous of others. I do not want to live my life in a jealous state of being. Make me more like You and Your Son, Father. Amen.

I hope to write more later about God's jealousy later.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Happy Birth day to you
Happy Birth day to you
Happy Birth day dear Corrie
Happy Birth day to you!
Hope everything went well today see you tonight

Beccah said...

Yeah, I know your really jealous of me, I'll try to work on that. *he he he* jk. happy birthday!