Monday, June 26, 2006

Isaiah 54:16-17

16 "See, it is I who created the blacksmith
who fans the coals into flame
and forges a weapon fit for its work.
And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc;

17 no weapon forged against you will prevail,
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and this is their vindication from me,"
declares the LORD.

I´ve been reading from Isaiah for the last few weeks. This realy popped out at me. Think about it. When a warrior is going out to battle he isn´t thinking,"Okay, I need to find out who made my opponites sword so that I know how good his weapon is. I need to find out who this guy trained with so that I know what fighting styles he is use to. I need to..." A warrior is not thinking of all the little things that made his enemy a warrior. Instead he is concentrating on the moment. He doesn´t have time to think big picture just then.


We have such a great God that he does that for us. When we are going through a spiritual battle, He knows exacatly what we need to keep up the good fight. He created everything and He can sure stop it if he needs to. He knew eacatly what we need to serve Him before we were even born. God is amazing. ¿Verdad?

2 comments:

Beccah said...

Si!

Unknown said...

"And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc (destruction - devastation - demolition); no weapon forged against you will prevail .... This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord ..." One of the interpretations of this verse is that God has created the destroyer (satan)to deal with sin. But we, His servants will prevail.

See also John 8:44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies".

And see John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full".

Is this an acceptable interpretation?