Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hello, I have lately been thinking about Biblical womanhood. What does it mean to be a woman? How can a woman be considered Godly? There is the standard of Proverbs 31 woman, but I don't sew or buy fields. And I don't have a household to cloth. I have recently been looking at some other verses that address women.

1 Peter 3:1-5

1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands,

These women are not known for how beautiful they were on the outside, but the actions that they did, they attitudes that they displayed, and they love of God that shown through them. This is my answer. I can be a biblical woman by putting these verses principles into practice.

Father, I pray that you would make me a biblical woman. That my life would be a testimony of Your goodness in every part. May I not be lacking in You love and grace in any part of my life.

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”- Psalm 139:23-24

2 comments:

aly said...

Thank you for sharing! You know I think that as I get older that pray is the one thing that keeps me sane. (Hope that makes sense.)

bex said...

hey I know that verse (1Peter 3:1-5) you had me read it 3 times. yeah so Biblical womanhood. A hard thing to figure out..I hope we all can figure it out and act on it.