Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Look at this GLORY!"


John 20:30-31

English Standard Version (ESV)
The Purpose of This Book
 30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

A few posts back I wrote on the begging of the book of John. Since then I have been doing a study of the book of John. This passage stuck me in a particular way. The book of John starts out with what some speculate to be a poetic celebration of who Jesus is, the Logos- the Word. The book then presents many miracles of Jesus as proof of who he was and how powerful he is. This is the climax of the book. Jesus has just risen from the dead, his best miracle yet, for the purpose that you and I may have life. 


One of my favorite quotes from a recent missions trip to Ethiopia is, "Look at this Glory!" My friend Shannon was exclaiming over the glory of the sunset over the mountain. Through out the week I contemplated this state more and more. I watched people on the street and thought,"Look at this glory... Look at the glory God has created in His people." I look at the wonders of nature and my mind exclaims,"Look at this glory!" I hear a song and my soul sings,"Hear this glory!" As I have read through the book of John I cannot help but as I look at my Saviors life,"Look at this glory." As I read of His death and resurrection, I think, "Look at this glorious thing that God has done for me." As I think of the plan that he has for my life, "Oh, what glory He has in store for me." 

No comments: