Monday, July 16, 2012


Ephesians 6:5-9

English Standard Version (ESV)

Bondservants and Masters

Bondservants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a bondservant or is free. Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.

I think of this as Paul's Guide to the Workplace. We don't really have bondservant's anymore, but the same principles can apply to the current employee/employer relationships. I am suppose to have sincere, respectful heart. I am a people pleaser. I put alot of my self-worth in how people see me, yet this is not a pure motive for doing God's work. I am called to do everything with my faith and Lord in mind. 

Colossians 3:17

English Standard Version (ESV)
17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

When I am in charge at work I need to have the same grace with my co-workers as God had for me. God offers the people who don't like the same grace and mercy that He did me. I need to carry that in my heart. 


Holy Father, I need You to change my attitudes and my relationships with people. I need Your grace and power. I don't want to ruin Your witness, but I also can testify to You using the weak thing in this world. I feel very weak. Please use me to witness and draw nigh to You the people I work with. Thank you for the grace that You have had with me and continue to have. May You enable me to pass on that same grace. Please focus my heart not on what others think of me, but give me a sincere heart to do Your work. Amen.

No comments: