Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Voiceless

Voiceless
Unable to speak my pain, my sorrow
Unable to tell of this burden
Trying to deny this rage
Because I cannot express it
Others can tell everything
They lay out for the world to hear and listen
All and nothing
Some were not given the gift of speak
Yet the can talk or express
I am bound by choice
The choice my own
And yet not made by me
Unwilling to divulge the chaos in
Afraid of what will happen if I did
To bring it before judging eyes
Or worse, bring that same pain to others
To have them feel this same anguish
So voiceless I remain
Voiceless I wander through this life maze
Unable to cry for help
Drowning in the words I cannot speak
Yet You are here
In You I find a voice
You hear and understand
What I feel and say
The hate and anger
The pain and shame
You attend to my words
To confide in man
Oh the frailty
Is insufficient
You however
Are the one I can place my trust in
In You I find peace

No comments: