Friday, July 08, 2005

1 Thessalonians 5:17

17Pray without ceasing.

I once heard a sermon on prayer. The only main point I remember from it is this.

The Bible says to pray with out ceasing. We do pray with out ceasing. Human beings a made to pray with out ceasing. This can also be written that we complain with out ceasing or we gossip with out ceasing or a million other ways we verbally relate. The question is who are we praying too? We talk to our friends, our therapist, and our priests: however, isn't it ironic that we can't talk to our God, our Creator and Father. Talk to your Father in heaven. He is the only one who can understand, bear, and lift our problems. He is the only one who will be there for you 24-7.

Father, please may I rest all my problems on You. May I be able to talk to You and not trust in anything in this world. Give me Your grace, Father. Amen.

No comments: