Saturday, July 02, 2005

Good Christian Men/Boys

There were strange men at my house this week. An old pastor of our church came to town with his new church. They were going on a missions trip to Sandtown, Baltimore. My family of five girls(six if you count my mom) decided to host a group of four men from that trip. There was our old pastor and three teenage boys. It sounds strange, but having those boys at our house was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. We stayed up late talking about politics, movies, and the like.(you know just normal everyday things) They played my sister at Egyptian Rat Screw and I think most of the time they lost. But my sisters and I really enjoyed their company. We had never had brothers before and for a week we had three!!!

Okay, but on to my main point. These guys were nice to have around because they exemplified good Christian men. My sisters and I don't have a whole lot of those kind of examples around.(I mean we have my dad, but after a while you just say oh that's just dad) So it was cool to have such a model right there in front of us for a week. So to all you Christian guys out their, keep up the good work and don't forget that girls are watching you whether it's a sister, a friend, or a friend's sister. Strive to be the Godly men that you were designed to be.

By the way I hurt my hand and it's in a bandage and that makes it very hard to type. So you know I am very serious about this godly men thing.

No comments: