Sunday, December 18, 2005

Mystery

I'm sorry I havn't posted in a while, but it was finals week at college.

Proverbs 30:18-19

18 "There are three things that are too amazing for me,
four that I do not understand:

19 the way of an eagle in the sky,
the way of a snake on a rock,
the way of a ship on the high seas,
and the way of a man with a maiden.

This is an amazing passage. One of my friends at college and I were talking about science. ( I was heading toward studing for my Bio final and he was coming from taking his Chem final.) He said the he found it fascinating that we could break down substances into molecules and atom, but still not know what makes the atoms keep moving. That we don't know everything about something as simple as water. He said he half joking and half not that he thought it was magic. I thought about it for a while. (I need to do that with really big concepts.) It kind of is magic the way God has made the world. There are things on this earth that we will never understand, that we don't have the ability to understand.

This may frustrate some people, but think about it. What if we lived in a world like Myst, the computer game. (Sorry if you havn't played it, but bear with me.) We would soon conquor all the puzzles and pieces on the earth. Having something always out of our grasp just beyond our reach is kind of cool. It adds to the mystery and the spice of life.

So my parting words to you are keep the magic, explore, and enjoy the mystery God has given us.

No comments: