Tuesday, February 15, 2011



I have been reading Acts 21 and 22. In this passage Paul is returning to Jerusalem. He is warned that if He returns to Jerusalem that he will be chained. It comes to pass that he is put in chains. He then is protected from death by him being a Roman citizen. He will go on still imprisoned, but he will write letter after letter that will still be with us today. Amy Carmichael once prayed as a child for blue eyes. When she awoke, she was disappointed to find that she still had brown eyes. These brown eyes would later allow her to be come one of the most effective missionaries in India.

I am a 24 year old woman. I have never had a boyfriend and only had one date ever. This past Valentines day I was feeling a little bit sorry for my self. Through talking to my sister and parents I was encouraged. I have said in the past that God has a great plan for my life. My father encouraged me to go live it. I wonder if God is protecting me right now, by allowing me to be single for a time or for a lifetime. Right now I want to encourage everyone who is called by God to do His work, yet you feel lonely. We have a constant companion in the Holy Spirit who we need if we are in a relationship or not.

Psalm 25:16 (English Standard Version)

16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.

No comments: