Saturday, April 16, 2005

Walk Trilogy: Walk in Wisdom

Ephesians 5:15-21 Walk in Wisdom
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

The last in the trilogy. ( or maybe I'll go back and make three more terrible ones on the previous part. Ha ha.)

Walk in wisdom. Wisdom is a subject that comes up alot in the Bible. We have a whole book on it. We are giving a command and then a "hope to it". We live in a wicked world and we need to be giving it all the love, light, and wisdom we can.

The first part of wisdom is knowing and doing the will of the Lord. Know what God wants you to do. Don't even try and get out of this. The Bible is filled with what we should be doing and should not be doing.

Don't be drunk with wine. This also applies to any other drug or mind altering thing.(When I think of the medical term for this, tommorrow, I'll fix this) Why do people insist on becoming drunk and high. Don't you know that you look so atractive when you are in that state.(sarcasim) A person can't be focusing on what God wants them to do and be drunk at the some time. YOu can't even walk straight and be drunk at the same time.

God gives us an alternitive. Be happy and joyful in His spirit. Sing and praise Him for all the things He has given you. He gives you a nice list of the ways you can do this.

The last thing, but certain not least, is submit. Why do stuborn, thickheaded, and arragont people always have to look stupid and foolish.? It's the humble, meek, and gentle people who truly look good in the end. Why didn't God make me submissive? This is something that many people struggle with. We hate to be wrong. We hate to be the one to lose. Yet to be love, light, and wisdom we need to set ourselves and take up Christs aditude. As much it pains us, we will be called bless and children of God when we do.

Father, give me wisdom and give me humblness. Make my life a testiment to Your power and glory. May I praise You in all I do. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hey Corrie, nice blog. keep it up. After reding this post I had troubled thought about what to do on my 21st birthday. To go out and drink (the worldly way or to go out with friend and have a great olde time with non-alcoholic drinks (Christian way). A part of me want to do the worldly way but at the same time the christian way.Yes, i have drank in England and I know look back at it and saw what it did to me. Almost every other day I went to the local pub, had a few drinks, went back to the boat, slept woke-up feeling like crap.Well that was 11 months ago. I don't wanna do all that over again. So I made the choice of not drinking. I'm look in the bible for more about this drinking erge. ttyl. Justin