Saturday, March 18, 2006


Currently ReadingCommon Grounds: Conversations About the Things That Matter Most
By Ben Young, Glenn Luckesee related

I'm over due for a book review.
I was given this book from the author himself. It is a very different sort of book and I learned alot from reading it.
The story line is three friends who have know eachother from college go out for coffee about once a week. They all have different religous beliefs. Two of them are christians, but belong to very different denominations. The third is an atheist. One of them hears a pastor who comes and preaches at his church. He is captivated by what the pastor says and it gives him a whole new insite to his faith. He invites the pastor to the coffee meetings with his friends. They discuss a lot of thoelogical matters that the three friends have questions about. The questions are not easy ones and I love the way that the story uses so much scripture. It is an awsome book that has deepened my faith and understanding of God.

1 comment:

GL said...

Corrie,
Thanks so much for reading Common Grounds! I am delighted that you enjoyed it and I'm grateful for you saying such kind things about the book here at your blog. It was good seeing you in February and I look forward to my next visit to see the wonderful folks at Glen Burnie. Tell your folks hello!