Sunday, March 12, 2006

"We are called to do good works and to do good work."

My friend Mike said this one day and it really stuck with me. We were discussing music and whether it was okay to listen to secular music. I said that it was and that I do. I'm just careful with what I listen to. He said that he was really disappointed with some Christian artist because they didn't seem to do good work.
He gave the example of Marlene Manson. Marlene Manson may not do good works, but he does good work. He is a very effective artist in that he is able to make you feel the emotions he wants you to through his music.
Now I don't listen and hopefully never will listen to Marlene Manson, but my friend Mike does have a point and it applies to my life. I may do good works, but am I doing them well? Am I doing everything in a way that would please, serve, and worship my Savior? Am I doing everything to the fullest? No, I'm not.

Father, I pray that You would work through me and not only do good works, but good work as well. May I be a testimony of Your greatness. Make me more and more like You. Amen.

No comments: