Saturday, November 13, 2010



John 3:16 (English Standard Version)

For God So Loved the World
16"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.



I have been listening to a sermon by Josiah Bancroft. He talks about how we as Christians often try and use our own good works to supplement, take the place of, or even ignore God's grace. We would rather not have to test the "belief" that God sent His son in our place. We would rather rely on our own good works to present before the Father to try and distract from our own sin.

We are called to intentionally rely on God. Are we putting our trust in Christ and His righteousness? Do we have fruit that shows we are leaning solely on God is not only carry out the law on our behalf, but to also work in our hearts to make us more like Him? Are we seeking a relationship and not a business transaction with God? "You take care on my sin and I'll try and sin less." It doesn't work.

Father, please show me how to rely on You. Please give me understanding and knowledge of who your are, so that I may become more like You. Change my heart, change who I am. May Your love for me become evident in my life. May Your love for the world, that is a great as You giving Your son for the world, be in my heart and actions. Bless my friend who is struggling with being unable to have children right now. Heal her heart and her spirit. Bless her with many children. Amen

No comments: