Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Battle Cry

I am a military child.(or in other word an army brat) When 9/11 happened, I felt it very deeply. So many people died, many of whom were not Christians. It tore me apart and made me realise just how many people need to hear God's name. You and I are called to help spread "the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." I want to do just that. I heard this song and it reminds me what I fight for. I am part of an army and I will fight for those that don't know our Lord and Savior. Will you join me?


Battle Cry

C#m7

Sounds like thunder

The earth is shaking

E F# C#m7

A generation is marching strong

C#m7 B/D# E

We will not be stopped

F# C#m7

Our voices will be heard

C#m6 C#m7 (B C# B C#)

Let the nations hear our song

C#m7 E F#7

Oh…. oh, this is our war cry

C#m7 E F#7

Oh… oh, this is out battle cry

Feel the tremble

Heaven’s raging

Hear the sound of a holy roar

He will not be stopped

His voice will be heard

This generation is the Lord’s

”sound off” section-- C#m7 B/D# E F#7 A B

1 comment:

Justin said...

It would be sweet if the flock band can do this song for church one day.... There is this one song I would like to add to this years flock praise band collection, the lyirc's kind go like this, "How long, How wide, is the love of Christ... Deeper than the ocean higher than the mountains, greater is the love of Christ..." If you know what song I'm talking about, lets see if we can find music sheets for it.