Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Knowledge of the Glory of the Lord will Fill the Earth

14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD,
as the waters cover the sea.
In Habakkuk, the phrophet is laying his complaints before the Lord.

Habakkuk: Lord, the nation of Israel is evil. They don't follow You or respect You. They are disgusting in Your and my sight.

God: I know. That is why I am going to smite them. I will send down the
Babylonians and the Babylonians will send my justice.

Habakkuk: But Lord, the Babylonians zre even more evil than Your people. Why wipe out a little evil with a whole lot of evil?

God: Listen and write down what I am saying to you so that whoever reads it can be warned. Man as a whole is evil. He corrupt in every part. But I will make every thing right. How, you ask? It will be made when:

14For the earth will be filled
With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD,
As the waters cover the sea.

Cool, huh? Today I was overwhelmed with some of the problems life sometimes throughs at you. I friend is having boyfriend troubles and she needed someone to talk to. I came home from Church and I was immeditly told that a close friend was in a car crash and that he had a severe head trauma.

No comments: