Thursday, May 19, 2005

God's Rest


Matthew 11:28
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28 (The Message)
28"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest.

Just so you know, I don't usaly use The Message. I don't think is close enough to God's actual word. I just like how this is phrased. It gives you a knew way to think about it.

Do you ever seem "burned out on religion"? Why do we get tired of bearing our crosses? Why do we start to sit back and not take on active part in our faith? We have a race to run. We have a set time that we must finish our work. God dosen't need us to complete His plan; however He chooses to use us.

2 Thessalonians 3:13

13But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.

Holy Father, may we fight the good fight. May You light a fire in our lives that dosen't burn out or fade. May it grow brighter and brighter day by day. May we find great joy in doing your work. Amen.

No comments: