Sunday, January 23, 2011



Acts 13:2-3 (English Standard Version)
2While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." 3Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off.

This is the begining of one of the most powerful missionaries story. It begins with a calling from the Holy Spirit. They heard the call while worshiping and fasting. I think this passage speaks to the importance of taking time to open up yourself to hearing the Holy Spirit. I know I live a busy life. I work night shift and I often will choose sleep over extra time in prayer or simply check my devotion off my list so that I can get on with the rest of my day. Some of the best moments of my life have been when I have been taking time with the fellowship of other Christians to listen to God. I love singing and worshiping the Father, but when we come together and worship God together something amazing happens. Because I work night shift I often have schedualing conflicts with my Christian friends who work during the day. I miss the fellowship I can have. I miss the oppritunities for Christ to say,"Here send her."

Dear Father, I ask that You would provide good Christian fellowship for me. Put me in places where I can join in fasting and praying with fellow believers who are seeking out the voice of Your Holy Spirit. Give me strength to focus on You and not on my own problems and tasks. Give my spirit rest in You. May I be close to You Fahter and not push You away. Help me to tell the story Your gospel to the nations. May Your love out pour from my soul into others.


No comments: