Tuesday, January 11, 2011






















Acts 9:1-19 (English Standard Version)

Acts 9

The Conversion of Saul
1But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" 5And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do." 7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

10Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord." 11And the Lord said to him, "Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, 12and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight." 13But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. 14And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name." 15But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. 16For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name." 17So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit." 18And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; 19and taking food, he was strengthened.

For some days he was with the disciples at Damascus.


If only my spiritual life had the work ethic of Paul and the faith of Ananias. Ananias as he is going to the house let God know that he has some fear and teperdation in going to a legal killer of Christians. Yet with faith he continues on the path God had set before him and little does he know that starts one of the biggest missionaries of all times on his way. As I grow older, I can see my sin more and more. I am the greatest of sinners in my eyes. I am judgmental of others, lustful, proud, untrusting in God, and lazy. In Acts I am reading about how different people approch Christianity. Some is brings about their ruin because they are not honest with God. A different Ananias and his wife Sapphira fall down dead. Yet some go to meet their Father in Heaven. Stephen is stoned to death after he gives one of the most passionate and historical case recorded in the New Testament. Here in this passage we find just the beginning of one of the greatest missionaries of all time and my hear longs for the same. That I too would be able to spread the gospel through my own version of tent-making.

Holy Father, give me strength throughout this day as I seek to do Your will. Make my mind stayed on You and no one else. May the words that I speak and the things that I do reflect You and Your son. Bless us as the snow is coming. Please keep people safe in my community. Bless all the LPNs who were put out of work from my hospital. May You give them jobs where they can do well and can accomplish much. May they come to know that You are with them and put their trust in You. Bless me in my relationships with my patients. May You keep them safe and may the care that I give point them to You. Father bless my sisters as they are in school may they do well and not feel overwhelmed. Jesus be with me as I start school. May I be able to make good grades and give me understanding of the material. Lord, I ask that You would give me apportunities to spread Your word and to take a missions trip this year. Amen.

1 comment:

pruittcommunications said...

God bless you as you pursue his call.