Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Acts 4:23-31 (English Standard Version)

The Believers Pray for Boldness
23When they were released, they went to their friends and reported what the chief priests and the elders had said to them. 24And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, "Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them, 25who through the mouth of our father David, your servant, said by the Holy Spirit,

"'Why did the Gentiles rage,
and the peoples plot in vain?
26The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers were gathered together,
against the Lord and against his Anointed'—

27for truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, 28 to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place. 29And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, 30while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus." 31And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.




The apostle after Jesus died and were filled with the Holy Spirit did some awesome things. Miracles were performed the like that had not been seen before. Thousands of people in a single day were converted after hearing Peter speak. People were hearing the testament of Jesus in their own language. With these great happenings came great persecution, yet this is the prayer that is prayed," grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus."

I find myself hesitating to speak the word of God, but I have to great excuse except that I am a coward and do not rely on the Holy Spirit. Women who rely on the Holy Spirit do great things with their lives and touch many with their words and deeds. I long and desire to touch and serve others as God calls me to, but I find myself lacking heart and just plain ignoring God.

Father, please change my heart. I wish to serve you with the strength that you gave Samson, the courage you gave Stephen, with the faith you gave to Paul. Change my heart that I might not sin against thee. Give me what I need to talk to and change the hearts around me so that they long for you. Give me a soul and mind that longs, seeks, prays after you. Lord give me faith. Jesus give me love. Amen.

No comments: