Friday, October 28, 2005

Lord, help my unbelief

James 1:5
5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

I don't know about you but I certainly lack a whole lot of wisdom.( Just ask my sisters, they'll fill you in.) However if you look at what James says next it also applys to me.

James 1:6-8
6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

This is me. I am a doubting Thomas to the core. I have a hard time trusting God, which is probably why I write about it so much. But I find omfort in this passage.

Mark 9:24
24Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Father, today I cry out to You to help my unbelief. May I recieve Your wisdom and may I not doubt Your promises. Amen.

1 comment:

pruittcommunications said...

Father-God,

Please grant this exceptional being faith and confidence in you.

Amen