Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Cool with that

One of my friends said the funniest things today.

Friend#1:"It the end of the world."(This was in reference to something someone did and he was being sacasticly appoled.)
Friend#2:"Yeah, I'm cool with that."

I know this may seem like a very weird conversation and you may be like that's not very funny, but here is my point. My friend#2 wasn't at all phased by the "end of the world". He was in fact looking forward to it. He was cool if Jesus decided to tend the world right now.

How often do I think,' I want to be able to live through this experiance before Jesus can come. I want to get married, have kids, and be at the end of a prosperous and good life before I want Jesus to come again.'

Well, God has His own plan. I am just a part of that plan and if god decides to send His son before I have lived through everything I want to...I'm cool with that.

2 Peter 3:10-11

“ But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives ”

No comments: