Monday, November 07, 2005

One of my friends from school, Jordan, gave me his blogsite. He had this poem on there. Pretty cool Jordan. Write more. I love poetry! (But only if it's done right)

"I Dare to Say"

How does a man measure happiness?
Is it the quantity of his joy?
Or is it the quality?
I dare to say it is both of them.
For many small laughs,
can amount to much joy.
Yet a burst of laughter,
can set the spirits soaring.

How does a man show his love?
Do his actions reveal it?
Or is it his words?
I dare to say it is both of them.
For if he simply acted,
he would merely be a mime.
Nor can he only speak,
for who then would he hold in his arms?

2 comments:

Justin said...

What do you mean if it's only done right? there's diffent kind of poetry out there.

pruittcommunications said...

This is my poem.
It is does not rhyme.
There is no meaning.
There is no meter.
Just indentations that show that it's s'posed to be poetry.

Now that is not done right. Ehh?