Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ezekiel 16:14

14 And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD.


As a girly girl I am sometimes obsessed with how I look.( Just ask my sisters how much time I spend in the bathroom to get ready) But this verse speaks to me, because it shows how God made us beautiful. First He created us the way we are. He planned how big our nose would be, how to connect our legs to our hips, and what color our hair should be. He then planned what personality we should have. Are we shy and quiet or do we have more charisma and spotlight quality's than most people?

But what seems to me to be the most brilliant is the beauty God gives us through His spirit. It isn't something you'll find on the fashion runways or in any magazine, but look at a girl or woman in love with her Savior and you will see one of the most beautiful things in the world.

1 comment:

missmellifluous said...

Hello there,
Nice reminder. Thankyou for sharing the verse. I thought I would share one that means something to me.

I like 1 Peter 3:3-5

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

This is heaps harder than simply trying to look gorgeous, but so much more worthwhile. It's my constant struggle!