Monday, November 28, 2005

Rie's Favorite Quotes

Here are some of my favorite quotes. Some of them will make you sit back and think, other will make you laugh. All of them are a little portrait of my-self. It just might be describing my evil self so watch out.

1."What is life without adventure? And what's an adventure without sacrifice to prove its validity?" ----Rebeccah Pruitt
2."The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
---- George Carlin
3."Nothing is yet in its true form."
--C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces
4. "Until you have given up your self to Him you will not have a real self..."
--C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
5."Beside being complicated, reality, in my experience, is usually odd....Reality, in fact, is usually something you could not have guessed."
--C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
6."I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God."... A man(who) said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would be either a lunatic... or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse."
--C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
7."In the same way a Christian is not a man who never goes wrong, but a man who is enabled to repent and pick himself up and begin over again after each stumble- because the Christ-life is inside him, repairing him all the time, enabling him to repeat( in some degree) the kind of voluntary death which Christ Himself carried out."
-C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
8. "Teach this to your children and your grandchildren...(bit of wisdom that I hope I remember to tell my kids and I hope I'm around to tell my grandchildren)"
--Dad
9."The effective range of an excuse is zero meters."
--Dad
10."That is some sweet (verb with an ing ending) action."
--Philip
11."We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."
--C.S. Lewis
12."Your mom's a (something just said), Oh."
13."Is this a kissing book?" --Princess Bride
14."This is true love - you think this happens every day?" --Princess Bride
15."This is your badness level. It's unusually high." --Lilo and Stitch
16." INCONCEIVABLE." --Princess Bride
17." I'm not a witch, I'm your wife." --Princess Bride
18."Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." --Karl Marx....or oh wait, Princess Bride
19."This is my family. I found it, all on my own. It's little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good." --Lilo and Stitch
20."You can, but you may not."
--Mom
21."Let's just say I have the benefit of hindsight." "Well, congratulations to you and your magical butt."
--Get Fuzzy
22."The wheel is still spinning, but the hamster is long dead."
--Sharon Ring
23."No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
24."Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
25."To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without fate, no explanation is possible."
--Thomas Aquinas
26."I think, therefore I blog"
--Jollyblogger
27."4 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you:
Do not arouse or awaken love
until it so desires."
--Bible
28."Who are you to tell me
That I'm less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?"
--Barlow Girl
29."To live would be an awfully big adventure."
--Peter Pan
30."The World could use a bit more modesty."
--Bryce

So there is a little insight into my character. I'll think of more great quotes later, but that will have to do you for know.

2 comments:

pruittcommunications said...

The Karl Marx switch-a-roo made me laugh.

I liked the quotes.

Nono said...

"WOw! your mouth is moving but your not saying any thing!
Oops. soory, selectiv hearing. "
Thats my favorite quote of myself.